39th Annual Conference on Tire Science and Technology
September 9 & 10, 2020 | Akron, Ohio, USA
2020 Conference Theme: Intelligent Transportation
- As of now, the conference is still on for September, and we are hopeful that it will occur as scheduled.
- The Executive Committee of the Tire Society is taking this matter very seriously and will continue to respond strongly and promptly as the situation develops.
- Alternatives are being actively considered, including the possibility of remote presentations and remote attendance. The committee welcomes your suggestions.
- While it is unlikely that the conference date will need to change, the Executive Committee has explored options for that.
- We welcome your submissions and look forward to getting together with you later this year.
The Tire Society will host its 39th Annual Conference on Tire Science and Technology September 9-10, 2020, at the Hilton Akron/Fairlawn in Akron, Ohio. The Annual Conference is attended by engineers and scientists across the tire and vehicle industries, research universities and government institutions around the world.
This annual meeting is a forum for engineers, researchers, customers and suppliers, policymakers, students and advocates to learn about innovations that will drive our industry in years ahead. By effectively communicating our knowledge and research, we can change practices and policies at all levels.
The conference will include:
- A Keynote address by Chris Helsel, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company
- A Plenary lecture by Dr. Giorgio Rizzoni, Professor at The Ohio State University and Ford Motor Company Chair in Electromechanical Systems
- Panel discussions
- Technical paper presentations
- Networking opportunities