39th Annual Conference on Tire Science and Technology
September 9 & 10, 2020
2020 Conference Theme: Intelligent Transportation
We are pleased to inform you that our September 9-10 2020 meeting is going online. We know it’s a big change. There were a few driving factors in this decision.
• Thought leadership in the tire industry never stops – even for a pandemic. Hundreds of scientists on quarantine is likely to produce more new ideas, if anything. It is as important now as it ever was that we gather to engage as scientists.
• It appears that the uncertainty from the Covid19 pandemic is going to be with us for some time, making it impossible to plan large in-person gatherings. It was important to decide this now so that we can focus on producing the best possible online event.
• The online meeting brings many opportunities. Travel and physical location will not be a barrier. Quality of papers will increase as there are more potential speakers competing for speaking slots. We will reach a larger audience, including with automotive OEMs and others with deep interest in tire science. We expect to see decreased meeting costs, which we will pass along to you.
Our abstract deadline has now been extended to 30 June 2020 to allow news of the change in meeting format to reach new presenters. Submit your abstract today! If you are a sponsor, there are still sponsorship opportunities. This year’s meeting will be historic. It will reach the biggest audience ever, and it will be remembered for many years to come.
President, The Tire Society
The conference will include:
– A Keynote address by Chris Helsel, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company
– A Plenary lecture by Dr. Giorgio Rizzoni, Professor at The Ohio State University and Ford Motor Company Chair in Electromechanical Systems
– Panel discussions
– Technical paper presentations
– Networking opportunities